Joining KANS is a great way to earn leadership points, and it’s easy too! If you join NSNA then you are automatically a member of KANS! Need more information before making a decision? Check out KANS on Facebook or at their new and improved website.
The KANS conference is Friday, October 2 – Sunday, October 4 this year at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, KY. Attending the conference is a great way to learn more about the nursing profession, network with others, and add to your leadership portfolio.
Here is the conference schedule as listed on the KANS website:
Friday, October 2, 2015
Keynote Speaker | Marcus Engel
Evening Business Meeting
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Mini NCLEX Review
House of Delegate voting
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Mini NCLEX Review
The new faces of MANS:
Ms. Tonya Stephens, BSN
Members Present: Ms. Stephens, faculty advisor, Ashley Waid, newly appointed president, Lisa Johnson, secretary
- Meeting was called to order at 3:00 by Ms. Stephens
- Officer openings for the current MANS calendar year were discussed
- The following new officers were appointed: Ashley Waid, president, Megan Coots, vice president, Jennifer Wade, historian
- Emily Jacobsen, treasurer and Lisa Johnson, secretary will continue to serve in their elected positions for the remainder of the term
- The club will need to elect a SGA representative, requirements include a student that resides on campus
- Old agendas and meeting meetings were reviewed
- MANS will be providing lunch and a presentation on August 7, 2015 for incoming nursing students. Officers not in clinical rotation this day are encouraged to attend
- Kickoff meeting for the new academic year is tentatively set for September
- A few T-shirts from last year remain and can be purchased for $6.00. We are looking at getting a new design and shipment for the fall
- Secretary will send out a MANS group email informing all members of officer changes
- Volunteers will be needed to cover the bulletin board in the student center beginning in September. Lisa/Ashley will cover August. Portfolio opportunities available.
- KANS conference will be held at the Embassy Suites in Lexington this year, October 2-4
- Ms. Stephens will speak with Dean Petko in regards to obtaining funds for upcoming events
- MANS would like to host some informational sessions on study habits, portfolio training, resume writing and peer support. Specifics will be addressed with Natasha in student affairs.
Meeting was adjourned at 4:00 by Ms. Stephens
Hi everybody! On behalf of the officers, thank you to all of you who came to the meeting yesterday! We appreciate your suggestions immensely and are looking forward to all of the activities that will come. Don’t forget you can always email us any time with comments, questions, or ideas. Have a great weekend!
Hey MANS members! Please don’t forget that Wednesday, February 25, is our first MANS meeting with your new officers! We will be gathering in the nursing classroom from 5-6 pm. Can’t wait to see you there!